Orthopedic Physiotherapy is a branch of physiotherapy that concerns the treatment of injuries or disorder of the musculoskeletal system of human body including bones, muscles, joints, tendons, and ligaments It not only deals with the prescription of the correct exercises for musculoskeletal system of the body but also helps in regaining the function to be able to perform the daily activities. Orthopedic Physiotherapy however among other things includes pre- and post-operative rehabilitation from injuries to all the joints, muscles and ligaments in the body.
Pre-operative physiotherapy is preferred when it is imperative for the patient to be physically fit to undergo surgery, especially of joints. It not only helps improve joint movement prior to surgery but also helps in post-operative care; helping patients to recover from surgery at a faster rate. Orthopedic physiotherapy is generally prescribed for patients suffering from problems such as Arthritis. fractures muscle strains, ligaments sprains etc. Orthopedic physiotherapy is also needed to recover from various chronic issues like Joint instability, Muscle Tightness and severe joint pains.
City rehab has the required expertise to treat various types of orthopedic problems such as: –
- Ligament Strain, Sprain, Tear
- Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Scoliosis, Spondylolisthesis, Spondylolysis
- Shoulder Conditions like Frozen Shoulder, Rotator Cuff tear.
- Surgical Rehabilitation of Hip, Shoulder, Knee and Foot/Ankle
- Posture Correction and Ergonomic Training
- Balance and Proprioception
Physiotherapy treatment options for orthopedic conditions can include the following:
- Manual therapy, Mobilization Techniques, Manipulation and other related techniques.
- Motor Control Techniques using different school of thoughts like Kinetic Control, Mckenzie, Movement Impairment Module which is in the best interest of the patient condition
- Taping for joint support/alignment.
- Myofascial Techniques: Relaxing light pressure massage to Deep Friction massage
- Rehabilitation Exercises: Exercises are scientifically designed to help your posture, improve the mobility of your spine and joints, stabilize and strengthen the muscles that support your bones.
- Electrical Modalities like Ultrasound Therapy, Inferential Therapy TENS Neuro-muscular Stimulation, Short wave Diathermy, Laser, Paraffin Wax Bath etc
- Strengthening Exercises
- Stretching and Flexibility Exercises
- Balance Exercises
- Functional Mobility Exercises
- Endurance Training